National Loyalty Day is marked annually on May 1 for the reaffirmation of loyalty to the U.S. On this day, people are expected to raise flags and ponder their American heritage and their country's founding principles. They are also encouraged to express gratitude to current and former members of the military for their service to the country.
Loyalty Day was made an official reoccurring holiday on July 18, 1958. However, it was first recognized on May 1, 1955. Since its inception as a legal holiday, the day has been honored with an official proclamation every year by every president.
1. “I belong to the people I love, and they belong to me- they, and the love and loyalty I give them, form my identity far more than any word or group ever could.” – Veronica Roth
2. “Loyalty to the country always. Loyalty to the government when it deserves it.”– Mark Twain
3. “Love is friendship that has caught fire. It is quiet understanding, mutual confidence, sharing and forgiving. It is loyalty through good and bad times. It settles for less than perfection and makes allowances for human weaknesses.”– Ann Landers
4. “Hold faithfulness and sincerity as first principles.”– Confucius
5. “The strength of a family, like the strength of an army, is in its loyalty to each other.”– Mario Puzo
6. “I look for these qualities and characteristics in people. Honesty is number one, respect, and absolutely the third would have to be loyalty.”– Summer Altice
7. “Better to have one woman on your side than ten men.”– Robert Jordan
8. “I’ll take fifty percent efficiency to get one hundred percent loyalty.”– Samuel Goldwyn
9. “If put to the pinch, an ounce of loyalty is worth a pound of cleverness.”– Elbert Hubbard
10. “I don’t like to give up on people when they need someone not to give up on them.”– Carrol Bryant
11. “Where the battle rages, there the loyalty of the soldier is proved.”– Martin Luther
12. “It isn’t an easy thing to give your loyalty to someone you don’t know, especially when that person chooses to reveal nothing of himself.”– Megan Whaler Turner