ITIL stands for Information Technology Infrastructure Library. During the last decades of the 20th century, the government of Britain wanted to make sure that all stakeholders can reap profit from the technology they release. Hence, they produced a library that blossomed to 30+ volumes on topics including ideal methods of handling incidents, performing a change in management, maintaining a service booklet, etc.
ITIL® Foundation Certification
The ITIL® structure for service management in IT is accepted by a huge number of organizations all over the globe. Thus, the ITIL® 4 Foundation certification is a good proof of expertise for any ITIL professional to seize the best networking opportunities in the industry.
If you are unsure of the process, just follow the steps given below:
- Getting trained
- Taking the exam
- Acquire the Prestigious ITIL Certification
Obtaining the ITIL® Certification
ITIL offers a structure to standardize practices of service management in the IT sector. This is globally recognized among the best certifications for professionals. ITIL is also among the top-paying IT certifications in the world.
ITIL guarantees that the certified IT professional is aware of the best practices as well as the most appropriate solutions in all situations related to IT service management. The framework allows the improvement of IT operations regardless of the location of the organization in the life cycle of service management while helping businesses to reduce costs yet improve services. Several organizations consider ITIL to be a common model, making the related skills relevant and transferable.
Stages of the ITIL
The entire concept is to provide customers with adequate value instead of delivering simple services. For this objective, ITIL 4 develops its service management on the basis of five stages of the service lifecycle:
- The strategy, vision, and mission of the company.
- The design, or planning of attaining the vision and mission.
- The transition, or building and deployment of the service with co-ordination.
- The operation, or carrying out tasks in relation to the projects.
- Consistent improvement, or planning a model of improvement at each level.
About ITIL KPIs
ITIL has key performance indicators, or KPIs, for tracking the following aspects:
- Performance – the ideal process of execution to attain the crucial objectives
- Bottlenecks – the impediments to the progress of the project and steps to resolve the same
- Progress – successful accomplishment of objectives and techniques to improve in case of failure.
- Constant improvement – the organization’s attempts to continually improve service
The Four Dimensions
The constituents required for good quality products and services are listed below as the four dimensions:
- Work environment, or the organization’s culture including its employees. Dedicated employees with a fine culture are important.
- Information and Technology, in simple words, the data that keeps the organization alive must be secured properly.
- Partners and Suppliers, with whom the organization collaborates.
- Value Processes, or the connection of different parts of the project to ensure seamless value.
Updating your systems might seem difficult, be it shifting from physical to the cloud or something like monoliths to microservices. Ensure that your teams are well equipped with the required amount of digital dexterity for tackling whatever is next. You will evolve in customized training methods, practical approaches, immersive learning, and immediate agile skills.
The certification is considerably helpful in creating a streamlined roadmap for a burgeoning career in the IT field.
- How is the ITIL Foundation Certification helpful?
With the Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Certification you can:
- Understand the ways to improve IT services in an organization
- Inform yourself regarding IT service management
- Tailor the ITIL structure according to your company
- Boost your earning capability
- Upgrade ITIL® certification for advancing your ITSM work.
- Can the ITIL Foundation Course be taken by persons outside the IT sector?
The ITIL Foundation Course can be availed by everyone interested to improve their skills in service management, such as
- IT employees
- Project managers
- Owners of Business process
- Business managers
- Working and aspiring ITSM Managers
- Other IT sector professionals
- Previously certified professionals looking to upgrade to ITIL4
- Students who are interested in IT Services Management.
- What is the exam pattern of the ITIL® 4 Foundation? What are the minimum passing marks?
ITIL® 4 Training Foundation examination is conducted online through the closed-book method. The exam format is as follows:
- Multiple Choice Questions
- Total number of questions: 40
- Total time allotted: 60 minutes
- Minimum passing mark: 65%
- How is the online training for ITIL certification different from the traditional in-person method?
Originally, the conventional in-person training had a 16-hour duration divided into a 2-day training event. The online training duration has now been increased to 14-16 hours as well.
However, in contrast to the in-person training, the two classes which last typically for at least 7 to 8 hours, are divided into several shorter segments into the online ITIL classes. The teacher has to communicate with trainees with the help of equipment like a webcam, and trainees will have to work digitally among themselves.
- Elucidate two ways to appear for the ITIL® Exam in order to obtain the ITIL Foundation Certificate?
The two possible ways by which an aspirant can appear for the exam are:
The first way is by joining the ITIL training course through any Accredited Training Organization. Once you have successfully completed your training, you are eligible for the examination.
Another option is by studying and applying yourself. When you have finished every unit properly, you can yourself schedule an exam. However, the ITIL® Foundation certificate can only be achieved by clearing this examination.
- What are the opportunities after completing the ITIL Foundation Certification?
A report by CRN declared that the ITIL® is among the best 15 High Paying certificates. This is a clear indicator of its increasing popularity in organizations looking for professionals to boost the profit margins with the ITIL techniques. The ITIL® Foundation Certificate is also the first step to obtaining certifications like Intermediate or Expert, to further improve performance.