I-GOR, I-GOR, I-GOR. The Rangers netminder heard his name being chanted throughout Madison Square Garden Wednesday night, leading the Blueshirts to a 4-1 victory over the Flyers. Some are calling him the best or one of the best goalies in the NHL right now and it’s hard to argue. Shesterkin has been the number one reason this Rangers team is right there toward the top of the Eastern Conference, tied for third place.
To discuss the red-hot Rangers, we bring you a new episode of the “Up In The Blue Seats” podcast with Ron Duguay and Mollie Walker. The Post’s Larry Brooks drops by in his weekly spot as well as MSG Network’s Bill Pidto.
Up In The Blue Seats Podcast with Ron, Mollie & Jake:
- REUNION: Me and Mollie reunited in person at the game Wednesday night at MSG after not seeing each other in nearly two years. Also, we will be sharing video clips of the podcast for the first time and we discuss my golden blazer.
- I-GOR, I-GOR: Chants of “I-GOR” were coming down at MSG on Wednesday as Shesterkin continues to carry the Rangers with his dominant goaltending. They discuss his postgame quotes saying he reserved himself to tears.
- PANARIN-MARCHAND: We get into the Artemi Panarin-Brad Marchand saga, throwing the glove and the $5,000 fine. The NHL needs to get things right with their fines…throwing a glove is not equal to hurting someone intentionally. Ron believes teams should police themselves.
Larry Brooks Interview:
The Post’s Senior NHL Reporter/Columnist
- STROME: Will Ryan Strome be here long-term?
- MILLER: Can the Rangers end up getting J.T. Miller?
- FISCHLER: Stan Fischler inducted in the U.S. Hockey Hall of Fame. Memories working with Stan over the years and why he’s so great.
Bill Pidto Interview:
MSG Network host
- MSG: Where “developing situation” came from and being comfortable on the fly doing MSG 150.
- BOOK: In new book, “Where They Were Then,” chronicling his journey to where he is now in the industry.
- KNICKS/RANGERS: Covering both teams and if he has a preference.
Catch up on all episodes of “Up In The Blue Seats,” a New York Rangers podcast, by subscribing to the podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or wherever you get your podcasts. New episodes drop Thursdays during the regular season.