Minecraft is a game that you can very well tweak and alter to make it suitable for you to play. The game is itself a complete masterpiece, but it depends on the players who they want the game to look and perform. For those who want a lag-free and smooth performance, there is a Fabric mod that very well enhances the game performance. Want to install and set it up?
Here is the detailed breakdown of the steps using which you can install and set up a Fabric Minecraft server –
DOWNLOADING THE FABRIC FILE AND API
- Go to the official website of the Fabric installer here. Once you get the fabric file, click on install.
- You will also need the fabric API. You will find the link to the API just below the main fabric link. Once you click on it, it will take you to Curseforge. On the page, simply click on files at the very top.
- You will get a lot of options. Just scroll down until you find the latest version of the fabric download it.
INSTALL AND SET UP THE FABRIC SERVER AND API
- Next, click on the installer. Then click on more info and then click on run anyway. You will now be installing the fabric server and fabric client.
- On the client tab, go and choose Minecraft 1.18, leave the loader version as the latest version, and everything else as it is.
- Next, click on create a profile and then click on install.
- If you have more than one launcher installed, you will get the prompt to choose the installer you want to continue with. You can choose either the Microsoft Store or the Standalone.
- After installing the client, head across to the server tab at the very top where you will have to change the install location to a folder that you remember better.
- Open the same folder. At the very top to the left of the search bar, you will find the address of the folder. Go and copy it.
- On the server tab, paste the address of the folder on the install location and click on install.
- Once you get the pop-up about the successful installation, click on the download server jar.
- Before you continue with the server setup, you need to open up a new file browser. For this, on the space to the left of the search bar, type %AppData% and it will take you straight to the Minecraft folder.
- Right there, open the mods folder if you have one. If you don’t, click on the New folder and create a folder called mods. When it opens up, all you got to do is to drag the fabric API jar that you downloaded into there.
- Now you can close out of the mods folder as you are done setting up the client. It is recommended to remove all the previous fabric jars if you have them in that folder.
CHANGE THE RAM FOR THE SERVER
- Now you have to head back to the server folder to set up your server and RAM.
- Search for the start.bat file in the folder and right-click on it. Open it with any text editor like Notepad.
- All you have to do here is look at the Xmx part. It is the max amount of RAM that your server can take.
- You have to adjust this to better suit your computer. For this, hold Ctrl+Shift+Esc to open up your task manager and head to the performance.
- At the very top, the memory section shows how much RAM you have in your computer.
- Keep in mind that you will have to give the server as much RAM as possible while leaving space for everything else that is running. The available RAM that you have not used is what you can allocate to the Minecraft server, like anything above 2 gigabytes and upwards can be good.
- In the text editor, type the amount of RAM you are going to give, for example, Xmx8G, where G stands for gigabytes. Save this file and close it.
INSTALL AND SET UP THE MODS
- In the folder, double-click on start.bat.
- If you see an error in java, you will have to make sure that you have the correct version of Java 17 or above installed.
- Wait until it runs through to completion and then press any key to continue to close it.
- You will see a whole bunch of new files in the folder. You have to double-click on euler.txt and change the command False you see at the bottom to True. Next, save it.
- Click on the server.properties file and open it with Notepad. You can change the server port here if you are running more than one Minecraft server on your PC.
DOWNLOAD FABRIC MODS
- You can then download the Fabric mods for version 1.18.
- Make sure that while downloading a mod, you are downloading a fabric-compatible version of the mod.
- Once you have downloaded it, make sure to drag the mod to the mod folder in the main Fabric folder.
- Next, you have to restart your server by running start.bat once more.
IN THE GAME MINECRAFT
- Once you launch the Minecraft game, you have to first select Fabric version 1.18 and then launch the game by clicking on Multiplayer.
- In there, click on Add a Server. In the server address, enter localhost or simply enter 127.0.0.1 and click on Done.
- Start the game.
You are now all set with the Fabric Minecraft server for better performance! Follow Digi Statement for more updates like these.