Apex Legends is one of the most played battle-hero shooter games in the world. This game is developed by Respawn Entertainment and published by Electronic Arts and is currently available to play on Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch. Out of these platforms, this game is mostly played on Microsoft Windows. Recently, Windows 11 has been launched by Microsoft and Apex Legends players are facing the Engine Error while playing the game. If you are also facing this error, read this article till the end to find the solution or fix it.
Apex Legends lets you choose a legend or say, hero before the match that possesses a unique ability. In the Battle Royale, a total of 60 players land on an island to be the last survivor. They could be in a team of 2 or 3 Like any other Battle Royale game, players equip different weapons, defeat other players in combat with a playing zone shrinking over time. Coming back to the main topic, here is everything you need to know to fix Apex Legends Engine Error on Windows 11.
Apex Legends Engine Error
The Engine Error we are talking about occurs due to the presence of a particular file that the error displays. Therefore, you will have to delete the particular file to fix this error. So, follow the steps to do so.
- Open up your Steam Launcher.
- Head to your game library, right-click on Apex Legends, and select Properties.
- Under the Local Files tab, select Browse Local Files.
- After that, the folder location of Apex Legends will open. Here, you have to pick and delete the file that is showing up in the engine error.
- After deleting the error-causing file, it’s time to install the required files that must be missing to run the game. To do it, click on “Verify Integrity of game files” on Steam.
- After this step, if this error persists, end all the unnecessary tasks that might be creating a screen overlay.
- Last but not the least, make sure your Graphics Drivers and Windows are up to date.
So, this was all about fixing the Apex Legends Engine Error. Like we guided you about fixing this error using Steam, you can fix this also error using Origin by following similar steps. You can also check out: